Conditions for studying with SANDE
- On application for attendance the completed and signed enrolment form together with a copy of your banking transaction amounting to a minimum of 50% of the course fee is to be faxed to +27 88 011 395 1081 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to secure a place on the course/s.
- A confirmation of enrolment will be forwarded to you once S.A.N.D.E. receives all the necessary documentation as above. The confirmation must accompany student on arrival for the course. This is necessary to prevent any embarrassment of having to refuse students from attending a course that has been fully booked.
- Balance of course fee to be paid on or prior to the first day of the course.
- Exam results and course certificates will not be issued until full payment is received.
- Tea and / or coffee supplied.
- Students must bring any personal protective equipment necessary e.g. Safety spectacles, overalls, safety shoes, gloves, etc.
- NDT experience Log books will be issued to all new level I students as part of the course material or are available to other students at R. 250-00.
PLEASE NOTE :
- NO TELEPHONIC BOOKINGS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- As English is the international industry language, it is accepted that enrolled students have a good understanding of the English language and are able to read, write and speak English.
- It is accepted that students attending the Level I courses have attained Grade 12 Mathematics, Technical drawing and Physics as well as three months of verifiable practical experience. This needs to be submitted to the chief instructor upon request.
- The course duration of our level II courses does not allow for students to skip level I. Proof of training at level I, a Qualification certificate and 6 months of verifiable practical experience needs to be submitted to the chief instructor upon request.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR COURSE FEES ARE STRICTLY NETT.
- Course fees are as indicated on our course schedule and our website (www.sande.co.za).
- Course fees are inclusive of all necessary printed matter, notepads, practical consumables, end of course examination and documentation towards company certification / authorisation.
- Course fees are payable 30 days from the date of the invoice. Failure to make payment may jeopardize any further bookings until all outstanding amounts have been received in full.
- Exam results or course certificates will not be issued until all outstanding monies have been received in full.
- Payments may be by cash, cheque or direct payment into School of Applied Non-Destructive Examination’s bank account. Account details are to be found on the enrolment form.
- Please note cheques are to be made payable to “School of Applied N.D.E.” (“S.A.N.D.E.” not being acceptable to the bank)
Cancellation of bookings.
- Where cancellation of a booking is made at least 21 days or more prior to commencement of the applicable course, the fees paid will be credited to another course at a later date within the current year, if so required.
- Any cancellation of bookings for whatever reason, 14 days prior to commencement of the course will be charged at 25% of the full course fee plus 14% VAT.
- Note that any cancellation of bookings for whatever reason, 7 days or less prior to commencement of the course, for example: cancellation on the first day of the course, non-attendance will be charged at 50% of the full course fee plus 14% VAT.
- S.A.N.D.E. reserves the right to re-schedule a course to a later date or even stop a course, due to unforeseen circumstances.
- One of our services offered to companies, is the verification of certificates and attained percentages of those who have attended the recognised S.A.N.D.E. courses.
- Students that miss more than 20% of the course duration shall not be allowed to sit any examination at SANDE. You will have to re-do the entire course.
- Certificates will be posted by normal post, within 1 week of final settlement of any outstanding fees.
- If preferred, by prior arrangement certificates may be collected at S.A.N.D.E. premises.
- Preferred and on receipt of your courier account number certificates can be couried to you.
- Certificate reprints will be charged at R 300.00 each.
- Certificates that are reprinted shall read “Duplicate”.
- The issue of S.A.N.D.E. qualification certificates (the orange one) is proof of theoretical and practical training and that the candidate has attained at least 70% for a General method examination.
- We will withhold these qualification certificates when students fail to make the composite grade of 240% during initial- or after re-examinations.These certificates will only be released when instructed, in writing, by the employer’s Level III.
- The competency certificate is a separate blue certificate with General; Specific and Practical marks totaling the required 240% or more.An employer may use our competency certificate towards technician authorization / certification, or may require the technician to sit exams more relevant to the sector.
- It is, as per SNT-TC-1A, the employer’s responsibility to certify technicians competent.
- S.A.N.D.E. cannot be held responsible for certificates that go missing or any delays during postage.
- It is your responsibility to ensure we have your correct postal address.
In-house training courses.
S.A.N.D.E. offers in - house training courses covering the 5 main NDT methods and techniques within the method, dependent upon your requirements. Please enquire.
- We do have specific criteria that need to be complied with in regards to training presented on your premises. These will be presented upon enquiry.
- One re-write at a cost of R500-00 inclusive of VAT per paper failed is allowed. We recommend that additional training be given by the employer or S.A.N.D.E. prior to sitting the re-exam.
- SNT-TC-1A recommends one month of additional training and experience before a re-exam is attempted.
- Maximum time allowed for a re-exam is six months. Failing to do so shall require re-attendance on a full duration of the applicable course.
- Failure of a re-examination will require re-attendance on a full duration of the applicable course.
- Re-examination dates will be by prior arrangement, at mutual convenience.
- Re-certification exams can be done at SANDE at a cost of R 3500.00 incl. Proof of previous certification, proof of original qualification as well as at least six months of verifiable practical experience needs to be submitted to the chief instructor before sitting the exams.
This information is to be brought to the attention of the students.
- The confirmation slip or copy thereof must be brought by the student on the first day of the course.
- Scientific calculators are required for all courses. Scientific calculators can be purchased from S.A.N.D.E. at R 120-00.
- S.A.N.D.E. is not responsible for arranging of accommodation or transport. A list of local Bed and Breakfasts / hotels is available on request or from our website. Some B & B’s offer a shuttle service for the students, prices to be verified with the B & B.
- SANDE can, at present, provide basic maths and calculator training free of charge at the discretion of the instructor.
- Failing the General, Specific or Practical paper requires additional training in accordance with SNT-TC-1A. This training should be done by the employer.
- SANDE can provide extra theoretical training at R 200.00 / hour.
- SANDE can also provide extra practical training at R 200.00 / hour.
Should you have any questions regarding any of the above please do not hesitate to contact us.